There comes a time that all iOS users will need to put their iPhone or iPad into Recovery Mode and, while this is very easy to do, it doesn’t always work as it should. You could find yourself stuck in recovery mode, not able to get out and wondering what to do about it.
While it isn’t a big problem, at the time you won’t see the funny side of it and will be thinking that you now have a device that you can no longer use.
Getting Into / Out of Recovery Mode :
There are several reasons why you might have needed to go into recovery screen in the first place; usually, because your iOS device gets stuck while you are updating the firmware. What getting stuck in recovery mode will do is wipe all your settings because you will need to restore your device to get it back. Of cores, you have backed up your data which means getting it all back is not an issue. If by some chance, you didn’t back your data up then you are going to lose everything that was on your device.
One of the best tools available to help you get out of recovery screen is one called TinyUmbrella. Most of the time, this tool can even sort out your device without you losing any of your data or settings. Usually, this app is used for saving SHSH blobs to help you downgrade to a previous iOS version but Semaphore, the developer behind the tool, has chosen to give it the feature that will get you out of your predicament, regardless of what iOS device you are using.
How to Use TinyUmbrella to Get Out of Recovery Mode :
This really is quite easy to do; just follow the guide as written:
- Download TinyUmbrella; it works on Mac and PC so download the relevant version
- Connect your device to your Mac or PC while it is in recovery state and close iTunes should it open
- Launch the app and wait; it needs to detect your device
- When it has, a message will popup in the app telling you that it has found a device that is in recovery screen
- You will see a button that says Exit Recovery , click on this and your device will be taken out of recovery screen and will reboot.
You should find all your data and settings exactly as you left it. Did this work for you ? How did you get on with using TinyUmbrella ? Let us know in the comments below and follow us on Facebook for more up to date tips and tricks.